Saturday, April 2, 2022

Quichotte - Salman Rushdie

Fiction

Verdict: Read it - just because Rushdie is worth reading.


Yes yes, here we go with Rushdie again. I have been on a mission to read all his work and am slowly getting through it.

This is a novel about a very underwhelming main character. He falls in love with a TV persona, creates a fictional son, and generally loses touch with reality. It's definitely very loosely based on Don Quixote, which Rushdie readily admits to. The novel is a weird one and I'm sure that as with all Rushdie novels, I'm missing a great deal of the undercurrent that explains his stories.

Dystopian themes aren't actually rare for Rushdie, but for some reason, I've just now realized this. Compared with the previous novel, this one was easier to read and shorter. I won't go on about it because it's a Rushdie novel - you have to read it to contemplate it. 


Read it!

~Becky~

No comments:

Post a Comment