Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Secret of the Nagas - Amish Tripathi

This is the second book of Amish Tripathi's series. I enjoyed it more than the first one, my husband did not. The writing is basically the same style, but the plot thickens. My husband couldn't get over the bollywood style writing and the unreal interpersonal relationships between people, but my opinion is that since this is meant to be like a mythological story, the language will be different. I really enjoyed a little deeper delving into the mechanics of right, wrong, stereotypes and enforcing your morality on others. To be honest, most of the morals int he story are a bit obvious, but the author did manage to throw in a few curve balls. I enjoyed it and am planning to read the third book whenever Mr. Tripathi is finished writing it.

Verdict: I still think it's a worthwhile read if you can look past the hyperbole.

No comments:

Post a Comment