Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Immortals of Mehlua - Amish Tripathi

Daddy G and I decided to read this book and the next together with our Justbooks membership. I'll get into some of the problems with Justbooks in another post.

This book is a novel by an Indian author that weaves together a story with some religious folklore. It starts out a bit slow - it took me a while to get into it - and slowly reels you in and gets deeper. It is also curiously absent of all the pathos that I usually notice from Indian authors. It's a pretty light read unless you pause to contemplate some of the good vs. evil themes that become apparent later in the book, which I totally recommend. That's part of the fun. I'll have a review for the second book, The Secret of the Nagas, when I finish it also.

Verdict: I'm recommending this one. It's a good time pass and an interesting way to look at religion, morality, and good vs. evil. Read it and contemplate.

No comments:

Post a Comment