Wednesday, September 7, 2022

The Enchantress of Venice - Salman Rushdie

 Fiction

Verdict: It's Rushdie - of course read it!

In a very unfortunate coincidence, Salman Rushdie has been in the news lately because some psycho stabbed him. I read this book while I was on vacation in the states. I know, I'm a wee bit behind.

God damn it, Rushdie has done it again. Either there's no point, or I am not able to figure out what the point was and what's going on underneath. I think everyone knows what's more likely.


Either way, the novel is about women. Witch/enchantress women to be specific. Rise and fall due to popularity/acceptance and just a healthy sprinkling of supernatural. I'll be perfectly honest, that's about all that stuck. It was slow in places, but worth it in the end, even just for surface value. Your typical Rushdie treasure.

I'm planning to dig into the cliff notes for this one. I fought my way though and desperately want to underestand what the hell was going on. Until then, I won't blabber. I wish Salman Rushdie the swiftest and most kick ass recovery ever. 


~Becky~ 


No comments:

Post a Comment