Wednesday, September 7, 2022

A Death in the Himalayas - Udayan Mukherjee

Fiction

Verdict: If you want an Indian version of Sherlock Holmes


I haven't done much with Indian mystery novels, so this was an interesting change. As a bonus, I read it on the beach while in Goa. Quite a while back, but it was the perfect setting.

I won't get into too many of the details as mystery novels are pretty much formulaic. The writing gramatically and vocab wise was good - no complaints not painful to read. It did however borrow heavily from the Sherlock Holmes idea of detective and side kick. Udayan Mukherjee overdid that angle just a bit I felt. The flow overall was good and I found myself enjoying the read, even if I could guess most times what would come next. 

I hope to see other things from Udayan Mukherjee. Not sure if this is his first, but this is the first of his I read. 


~Becky~

No comments:

Post a Comment