Monday, December 26, 2022

Four Strokes of Luck: Perumal Murugan

Fiction

Verdict: Read it


As I've mentioned before, I thoroughly enjoy reading Perumal Murugan works. Four Strokes of Luck has been no different. It's a simple story about simple people, but the beauty in reading Murugan's work is the artwork he does of weaving language into a beautiful thing.  

Murugan has the ability to portray Tamil people and culture in a way that is easy to understand. You feel like you can relate to the characters, though most likely for me I actually can't. But I feel like I can. That, ladies and gentlemen, is story telling at it's finest. Not all simple stories have the ability to keep my interest and enjoyment, this one did. I won't go into the plot of the book because it's a short one and I most likely wouldn't do justice. But in this humble opinion, Perumal Murugan is well worth reading.


Read it!

~Becky~

No comments:

Post a Comment