Monday, December 26, 2022

Catalyst: Chandramouli Venkatesan

Non Fiction

Verdict: Read it


This book was given to me by a colleague I both enjoy working with and admire professionally. It's always heartening when people give me books because I very very much enjoy them. 

Catalyst I guess could fall into the self help or business advice catagory - the line is a bit grey. I'm not a huge fan of self help types, but that depends on how it's done. This book is a collection of advices on things that people should do to get ahead, and then twisting those decisions/actions slightly to get much more output for what is essentially the same idea. As with most self help/business books, it isn't rocket science. But books like this are valuable becaues they reiterate and re center ideas that you know you should be acting upon but don't for a variety of reasons. The hard part of these advices isn't reading them. You'll probably think yes, of course, that makes sense while reading. Actually implementing them and turning them into habitual behaviors is a lot harder and takes discipline.

For this reason, I'll be reading this book again. There are very few books that I read twice. But continually re-centering valuable ideas helps enact them and remind you about priorities. This book is valuable to anyone in the corporate world - or anyone in any sector looking to get their shit together and maximize the resources and opportunities in front of them. 

Read it!

~Becky~

No comments:

Post a Comment