Saturday, July 10, 2021

Lattitudes of Longing - Shubhangi Swarup

 Fiction

Read it


This is the first novel I've ready by Shubhangi Swarup. If we're being honest, which we indeed are, This was another one of those books that I picked up because the cover is beautifully done. 

Lattitudes of Longing is a series of stories that have characters that are interconnected. There's not too much focus on this, but one story blends into the next this way. It's very artfully done. The authoress takes us across India, from Islands in the south that are very tropical, to the mountains in the north, to the plains. Through a variety of customs, cultures, and feelings. 

It took me a while to understand this book. I certainly didn't when I was reading it. While reading it, I got the feeling that I was watching these stories from a distance. There's no intensity, no surprises, no reality. It's all very fuzzy around the edges, just like a dream. I don't mean that as a criticism, it's simply the feeling that I got while reading it. It's actually a hard book to describe well - so just go read it.


~Becky~


No comments:

Post a Comment