Sunday, June 27, 2021

These Our Bodies, Possessed by Light - Dharini Bhaskar

Fiction

Verdict: Read it


This was also the first book I've ready by Dharini Bhaskar. It's also another oohhh pretty cover type books. I didn't really have any expectations when I picked it up. 

Dharini Bhaskar takes us through a family saga, juxtaposing relationships, marriage, and failed marriages between Deeya, the main character, her mother, and her grandmother. The patterns that repeat are visible and beg a question I often ask myself - are relationships hereditary because of the baggage we carry. While I still haven't reached a solid answer myself, it's always fun to find novels that pose the same question because I always have something else to think about. There's poetry woven in throughout the chapters which I enjoyed. 

There's not really a huge plot arc in this book. It's more of a journey through life and how relationships continue to affect people long after the events happen. With that, it is slow going sometimes, but if you stop to consider what the author is trying to get you to think about, it's actually quite interesting if you're interested in this type of thing.


Read it.

~Becky~

No comments:

Post a Comment