Tuesday, June 16, 2020

The Bankster - Ravi Subramanian

Fiction
Verdict: Time Pass

As Just Books is still not trading books between branches (that I know of), this was another book I chose to read so that I wouldn't inconvenience the librarian into finding more interesting things. I have never read Ravi Subramanian, so I thought I'd give him a go and see.

The book is a suspense novel. The author makes a stab at different plots that wind around each other to eventually make sense in the end. It's a mix of bankers, nuclear energy, blood diamonds, and murder. 

While it's a decent time pass story, the author has a while to go in terms of writing styles. I became overly conscious of him telling me why things were the way they were, rather than just showing them. I.e. "Bhaskar walked down his driveway and picked up the mail. He had always done that because his father taught him that the mailman was a symbol of punctuality." It did however, give me enough discomfort to go back and edit my own novels for such irritations. So there's that. 

Read it if you have the time and patience, it's a good concept, only execution needs a little polishing.

~Becky~

No comments:

Post a Comment