Saturday, December 4, 2021

The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari - Robin Sharma

Non-Fiction

Read if you Like Self Help


I'm not a big fan of self help books. Some of course can be helpful, but overall, I find them a waste of time. This book came to me as a gift from some colleagues for my birthday. The gesture was very touching as I didn't know them that well and it was kind of them to think of me.

Robin Sharma goes about telling a story about how a sucessful lawyer learns how to slow down and enjoy his life. He uses the format of story telling with someone else as the main character to impart ideas. Not a new idea, but ok if done right. I personally didn't care for the tone of the book. I felt led on to ideas that could have just been simply laid out. The advice was also just vague enough to make me wonder why there needed to be a book about this. That's about all I have to say about this book. If you like self help books this is one that's high on everyone's reading list so maybe it'll be right for you. I didn't care for it.


~Becky~

No comments:

Post a Comment