Saturday, April 24, 2021

The Slim Punjabi - Harmeet

Non-Fiction

Read it for a deeper look into Punjab


I was expecting this to be a story. It wasn't. The author has woven together recipes with history, dance, folk lore, and festivals to give the reader a peak into Punjabi culture. I greatly enjoy Punjabi movies and culture, so this was delightful. I even found things I didn't expect to not have known - like some dance forms and even history. 

I guess my favorite part was the love stories that the author included. There are a few and they are of the Romeo and Juliet variety of romantic tragedy. I feel that stories of this type reflect a great deal on culture and history, so reading these was very interesting for me. The recipes, to be quite honest didn't interest me that much as finding any recipe is just a matter of consulting the google gods, but they gave a mental refresher after the weightier material. 

Read it if you're interested in Punjabi culture overall or just looking to broaden your horizons. 


~Becky~

No comments:

Post a Comment