Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Malgudi Days - R.K. Narayan

I have circled back around to R.K. Narayan - again at the advice of my husband. Again, Mr. Narayan didn't disappoint.

Malgudi is based on a fictional (or so they say) village somewhere in South India. Tamil Nadu if I remember correctly. This book wanders around some of the adventures that Narayan has written about this famous place, including some essays written by and sometimes about himself.

I loved it. As one who grew up in the US in a mid size town, village like continues to fascinate me. I really enjoyed learning more about Narayan through his essays and getting a broader view of his writing style.

The book did drag in certain places, but for some reason, I felt compelled to just plow through those parts and see what was next.

Verdict: Read it

I have been wasting vast amounts of time reading romance novels also, but I'm not going to waste anyone's time listing them, because I haven't come across any home runs yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment