Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins


Why yes, my head is hung in shame – thanks for noticing. I had no plans what so ever for reading this series because I usually avoid touching pop lit with anything but a 10 foot pole. However, my husband bought it for me to read and I find his encouragement of my literary adventures beyond cute – so we both read it.

I’m not going to bother giving you a review – you can feel free to look at one of the 10 gazillion other reviews floating around.

I will say this for the writing – the subject material is difficult to process if you’re the contemplative type – but that’s one of the major draws for the book. For material written for a teenaged reading level, it’s incredibly deep subject material. I’m actually curious as to how some teens have reacted to it after reading it.

Verdict: If you’re up for some contemplative thinking about humanity, dig in. Don’t expect the reading to be difficult, but take it for what it is and spend the extra time contemplating the what ifs of the world coming to this type of behavior.

Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment