Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Grow Your Own Drugs - James Wong

Ok, so a disclaimer, this book is much, much less interesting than it sounds. The author is describing methods of growing your own herbs (and no, not that herb) and making them into homeopathic type medicines. Even after I figured out that distinction, this was still too hippy - granola-ey - organic for me. Many of the herbs are difficult to find and I really didn't find enough time in my schedule to make potions. I also am rather leery of using herbs for drug purposes as it is in a medicinal capacity and a doctor is not involved.

If you're interested in this type of stuff, this would be a nice book for you, it just wasn't for me. You would have to have a pretty heavy interest in homeopathic made medicine and a basic knowledge of herbs and where to find the lesser known ones.

Verdict: Read if you're interested in this type of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment