Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sh*t My Dad Says - Justin Halpern

I picked up this book because A, it looked funny, and B, it was well recommended. I was definitely not disappointed.This was the kind of book that had me laughing so hard at my daughter's soccer practice that I was getting odd looks from the other parents - one of the funniest I have ever read. I'm sure the humor isn't for everyone (if you have an aversion to swearing or blunt talk, this isn't for you). I find it so hilarious because this is the blunt manner that I love (without the swearing for the kiddos!) but cannot break out very often. Along with being hilariously blunt, the father in this story really does care for his son in his own way and the book gets down right touching towards the end.
Verdict: Not for everyone, but worth a shot if you like telling it like it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment